Skip to content
- Stroke is the third biggest cause of death in the UK.
- Each year around 150,000 people in the UK have a stroke.
- Men are more at risk of stroke than women, although in the middle-age bracket more women than men have strokes.
- Stroke affects mainly older people, but a quarter of strokes happen to under-45s.
- People of Asian or African/Caribbean descent are at an increased risks of stroke.
- Risk factors of stroke: smoking, obesity, lack of exercise, poor diet, diabetes, hypertension